Back to the Basics of Human Health: Avoiding the Fads, Trends and Bold-Faced Lies
This is a very nice easy to read book. The book collects the main points from various different books. You get the reader’s digest version. It is a great place to start understanding what is critical to your health and where to start looking.
Features of the fourth edition include:
- Dr. Royal Lee's battle against adulterated foods clearly explained
- New, high-impact points that flow easily for the reader
- Guidance with respect to vitamin supplements, including information about the processing methods and sources used in manufacturing vitamins
- Completely rewritten third chapter that gives a historical perspective on food consumption in the United States and traces the low-fat diet debacle to its faulty origins
- A new section on trans fats
- The fluoride issue revisited—with a twist!
- A discussion of how the commercial food industry gained control of the U.S. Government
- The dark side of antioxidants
A review of how Americans let their health be stolen